St. Paul, Minn. – As we head into a season of giving, Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota once again announce grants to programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota—and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $30,000 to the City of Belfield-Belfield Police Department for a new police department building
- $25,000 to the Arnegard Rural Fire District for a new fire station
- $25,000 to the Williston Fire Department to help with hazardous materials response
- $20,000 to the Donnybrook Rural Fire District for a fire hall update and new equipment
- $20,000 to the Stanley Rural Ambulance Service District for ventilator updates
- $15,000 to the Alexander Park Board for infrastructure improvements
- $15,000 to the Divide County Ambulance District for new ventilators
- $15,000 to the Mountrail Bethel Home for new beds for residents
- $5,385 to Burke County Emergency Management for incident command response unit equipment
- $2,500 to Ruth Meiers Hospitality House to assist with transportation for the homeless
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for work to meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com.
AgriBank is one of the largest banks within the national Farm Credit System, with over $100 billion in total assets. Under the Farm Credit System’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 17 affiliated Farm Credit Associations. The AgriBank District covers America’s Midwest, a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. With about half of the nation’s cropland located in the AgriBank District and over 100 years of experience, the Bank and its Association owners have significant expertise in providing financial products and services for rural communities and agriculture. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), Schaan Crop Insurance (Rugby) and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, stock financing for energy, feed, or food processing and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.