ST. PAUL, Minn., Jan. 5, 2017 – Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota concluded 2016 by announcing nearly $165,000 in grants to programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $25,000 to Trinity Health of Minot for a new diagnostic X-ray machine
- $20,000 to the Killdeer Area Ambulance Service to repair building hail damage
- $19,500 to LRW Ministries for the New Dodge food pantry
- $15,000 to ABLE, Inc. in Dickinson to buy new equipment for a group home
- $15,000 to the South Heart Fire District for a new firetruck building
- $12,000 to the New Town Health Support Corporation to replace heating units
- $10,000 to the Bowbells Health Center for medical equipment
- $10,000 to Burlington Rural Fire to replace bunker gear
- $10,000 to Ray Health Center for dental equipment
- $7,500 to the Domestic Violence Crisis Center in Minot for housing furnaces
- $5,500 to Wolf Pup Daycare in Watford City for new equipment
- $5,000 to Freedom Prison Ministries/Western Edge Ministries in Dickinson for a halfway house
- $3,682 to the Minot Commission on Aging for a technology upgrade
- $2,522 to Bowbells Volunteer Ambulance Service for life support training for emergency medical services (EMS)
- $2,060 to Little Lambs Childcare, Inc. in Williston for a facility upgrade
- $2,000 to Bowbells Children’s Clothing Pantry
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for work to meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com.
AgriBank is one of the largest banks within the national Farm Credit System, with over $100 billion in total assets. Under the Farm Credit System’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 17 affiliated Farm Credit Associations. The AgriBank District covers America’s Midwest, a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. With about half of the nation’s cropland located in the AgriBank District and over 100 years of experience, the Bank and its Association owners have significant expertise in providing financial products and services for rural communities and agriculture. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), Schaan Crop Insurance (Rugby) and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, stock financing for energy, feed, or food processing and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.