ST. PAUL, Minn., November 8, 2017 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 15 grants worth $133,368 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $20,000 to the Minot Fire Department for equipment
- $15,000 to the Trinity Health Foundation for a new X-ray machine
- $12,500 to the West Dunn Fire Protection for generators
- $12,200 to Parshall 2000 Inc. for a heating and cooling system
- $12,000 to the Donnybrook Rural Fire District for a new poly tank
- $10,000 to the Beulah Rural Fire Protection District for equipment upgrades
- $10,000 to the Dickinson Rural Fire Protection District for underwater equipment
- $8,168 to Bottineau Rural Fire for safety equipment
- $7,000 to the Stanley Rural Ambulance Service District for an I-STAT blood chemistry analysis machine
- $7,000 to Wildrose Public Transportation for rural transportation
- $5,000 to the Mercer County Women’s Action and Resource Center for shelter expansion
- $5,000 to the Mountrail Bethel Home for a secure care roam alert system
- $4,000 to the Zap Rural Fire Protection District for turnout gear
- $3,000 to the Killdeer Police Department for a new police vehicle and portable radio
- $2,500 to the Golden Valley City Park
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com before November 30, 2017.
AgriBank is one of the largest banks within the national Farm Credit System, with over $100 billion in total assets. Under the Farm Credit System’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 Farm Credit Associations. The AgriBank District covers America’s Midwest, a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. With about half of the nation’s cropland located in the AgriBank District and over 100 years of experience, the Bank and its Association owners have significant expertise in providing financial products and services for rural communities and agriculture. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), Schaan Crop Insurance (Rugby) and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, stock financing for energy, feed, or food processing and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.