ST. PAUL, Minn., June 7, 2018 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 17 grants totaling $141,800 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $25,000 to Richardton Rural Fire Protection District for breathing apparatuses
- $17,500 to Columbus Rural Fire Department for a water tanker
- $17,500 to Lansford Fire Department for an ambulance
- $15,000 to Stanley Rural Fire Association for a wildland/quick attack truck
- $10,000 to Killdeer Saddle Club for an arena complex
- $10,000 to Minot YWCA for shelter sewer repairs
- $9,900 to Burke County Fair Board for building repair
- $7,500 to Williston Downtowners Association to market the Williston Farmers Market
- $5,000 to 31:8 Project, sponsored by the North Dakota Community Foundation, for human trafficking education and prevention
- $5,000 to Crosby Kids Daycare for an outside storage shed
- $5,000 to New Town Police Department for automatic external defibrillators
- $5,000 to Northwest North Dakota Community Foundation to assist children in foster care
- $4,000 to Minot Domestic Violence Crisis Center for building safety upgrades
- $2,500 to Beulah Lions Club for park renovations
- $1,000 to Mountrail Community Food Pantry for equipment replacement
- $1,000 to Berthold Zion Food Pantry for appliance replacement
- $900 to Mohall Zion Food Pantry for appliance replacement
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by August 31, 2018.
AgriBank is one of the largest banks within the national Farm Credit System, with over $100 billion in total assets. Under the Farm Credit System’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 Farm Credit Associations. The AgriBank District covers America’s Midwest, a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. With about half of the nation’s cropland located in the AgriBank District and over 100 years of experience, the Bank and its Association owners have significant expertise in providing financial products and services for rural communities and agriculture. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells) and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, stock financing for energy, feed, or food processing and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.