ST. PAUL, Minn., January 3, 2019 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 13 grants totaling $143,204 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing, education and economic development.
The latest grants include:
- $26,000 to Killdeer Area Ambulance Service for communications equipment
- $20,000 to Crosby Rural Fire Protection District for fire department equipment
- $19,000 to Fortuna Rural Fire Protection District for equipment replacement
- $15,304 to Arnegard Rural Fire District for fire hall equipment
- $15,000 to Divide County Ag Improvement Association for NDAWN weather station installation
- $10,000 to Arthur Solie American Legion Post 121 in Parshall for structure repair
- $10,000 to St. Andrew’s Health Center in Bottineau for a hematology analyzer
- $8,400 to Beulah Rural Fire Department for equipment replacement
- $6,000 to Community Action Partnership in Dickinson for Commodity Supplemental Foods Program trailer
- $5,000 to Belfield Senior Citizens Activity Club for structure repair of the Senior Activity Center
- $4,000 to Bottineau Family Crisis Center for structure modifications
- $2,500 to CHI St. Alexius Health – Dickinson for an infant hearing screener
- $2,000 to North Dakota Juvenile Drug Court Association in Minot for the juvenile drug court incentive program
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by April 30, 2019.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax, recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.