ST. PAUL, Minn., September 26, 2019 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 14 grants totaling $223,900 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing and emergency services.
The latest grants include:
- $47,500 to Belfield Ambulance Service towards replacing an ambulance
- $30,000 to Watford City Volunteer Fire Department towards replacing a fire truck
- $25,000 to Berthold Police Department towards a new police squad vehicle
- $25,000 to Affordable Housing Developers, Inc. to make repairs at affordable housing units
- $20,000 to North Dakota Safety Council for a fire suppressant training simulator
- $20,000 to Trinity Health Foundation for cardiac stress test platform equipment
- $10,000 to New Town Police Department for a police K9
- $10,000 to Divide County Ambulance Services for new ambulance radios
- $10,000 to Crosby Rural Fire Protection District for rescue tool set replacement
- $6,900 to Beulah Rural Fire Department for fire hose replacement
- $6,000 to Granville Rural Fire Department for rescue equipment
- $5,000 to Portal International Fire Department for fire hall equipment
- $5,000 to Hope’s Landing Western Edge Ministry for furniture at a sober living home
- $3,500 to Domestic Violence Crisis Center for safety enhancements
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by November 30, 2019.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by 14 local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery, livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), and Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax, recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.