ST. PAUL, Minn., December 12, 2022 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 11 grants totaling $273,500 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between AgCountry Farm Credit Services and Farm Credit Services of Mandan – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as health, safety and emergency services.
The latest grants include:
- $50,000 to Divide County Ambulance District for medical equipment
- $50,000 to Home on the Range for back-up generators
- $42,000 to Golva Rural Fire Protection District for firefighting gear
- $36,000 to Burlington Rural Fire District for a firehall addition
- $25,000 to Matthew 25 Project for building improvements
- $20,000 to the City of Columbus for an emergency siren upgrade
- $15,000 to Bottineau Ambulance Service for an emergency response vehicle
- $10,000 to Burke County Sheriff’s Office for police equipment
- $10,000 to Watford City Police Department for an emergency response vehicle
- $9,500 to Lignite Community Builders Corporation for a community center remodel
- $6,000 to Stark County Sheriff’s Office for police K-9 training equipment
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of local communities impacted by expanded mineral exploration and production in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.agcountry.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by April 30, 2023.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT AGCOUNTRY FARM CREDIT SERVICES
Headquartered in Fargo, N.D., AgCountry has managed assets in excess of $11 billion and over 700 employees. They are a member-owned, locally-governed lending institution that provides credit and financial services to more than 25,000 farmers and ranchers in portions of Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. They also provide agribusiness loans and leases nationwide. AgCountry is a part of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of cooperative financial services institutions that serve rural America. For more information, visit www.agcountry.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax, recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.