ST. PAUL, Minn., June 7, 2023 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 19 grants totaling $442,600 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between AgCountry Farm Credit Services and Farm Credit Services of Mandan – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as health, safety, and emergency services.
The latest grants include:
- $40,000 to West River Health Services for an advanced life support trauma simulator
- $30,000 to SIM-ND for medical simulation education and training
- $30,000 to Strengthen ND for farm incubator tools and resources
- $30,000 to Donnybrook Rural Fire District for a firefighting vehicle
- $27,600 to Westby Rural Fire Protection District for a new fire department building
- $25,000 to Beulah Police Department for a mobile command unit
- $25,000 to Bowbells Fire Department for a command unit vehicle
- $25,000 to Benefit Fund of McKenzie County Healthcare Systems for mammography equipment
- $25,000 to Glenburn Rural Fire Protection District for emergency radio upgrade
- $25,000 to Tolley Fire Department for emergency radio upgrade
- $25,000 to Crosby Rural Fire Protection District for emergency radio upgrade
- $20,000 to City of Lignite for an emergency siren
- $20,000 to City of Ambrose – Fire Department for a fire truck
- $20,000 to CHI St. Alexius Health Williston (Mercy Medical Foundation) for hospital beds
- $20,000 to Minot Rural Fire Protection District for firefighting gear
- $20,000 to Divide County Sheriff’s Office for police equipment
- $15,000 to 31:8 Project for a service vehicle
- $10,000 to Powers Lake Rural Fire District #5 for a firefighting vehicle
- $10,000 to Society of St. Stephen for construction of a food pantry
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of local communities impacted by expanded mineral exploration and production in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.agcountry.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by October 31, 2023.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. AgriBank and those Associations comprise the AgriBank District. The District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT AGCOUNTRY FARM CREDIT SERVICES
Headquartered in Fargo, N.D., AgCountry has managed assets in excess of $12 billion and over 700 employees. They are a member-owned, locally-governed lending institution that provides credit and financial services to more than 25,000 farmers and ranchers in portions of Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. They also provide agribusiness loans and leases nationwide. AgCountry is a part of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of cooperative financial services institutions that serve rural America. For more information, visit www.agcountry.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax, recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.