ST. PAUL, Minn., December 4, 2023 — Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 18 grants totaling $443,400 to worthy programs that will improve lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between AgCountry Farm Credit Services and Farm Credit Services of Mandan – the two largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank, to help communities impacted by mineral development.
Grants support critical community needs such as health, safety and emergency services.
The latest grants include:
- $46,000 to Fortuna Rural Fire Protection District for Statewide Interoperable Radio Network (SIRN) mobile radios
- $45,000 to Southwest Area CTE Academy for a Mobile Learning Lab pickup
- $40,000 to North Dakota Community Foundation for a fire tanker truck for Gladstone Consolidated Fire District
- $35,000 to Golva Rural Fire Protection District for a fire truck
- $33,410 to Garrison Ambulance Service Inc. for ambulance equipment
- $30,000 to Divide County Sheriff’s Office for a mobile license plate reader system
- $30,000 to Dickinson Area Ambulance Service Inc. for AutoPulse Resuscitation Systems
- $25,000 to St. Luke’s Medical Center for facility boiler retubing
- $25,000 to Trinity Health Foundation for construction of new training room
- $25,000 to Project BEE for roof replacement for Center of Hope
- $25,000 to Richardton Rural Fire Protection District for a rescue truck
- $18,740 to Lignite Volunteer Fire Department Inc. for self-contained breathing apparatus cylinders
- $15,000 to Central Dakota Forensic Nurse for medical equipment
- $12,000 to Dickinson Rural Fire Department for protective equipment
- $10,000 to Portal International Fire Department for an emergency vehicle
- $10,000 to Lignite Community Builders Corporation for concrete flooring in the Lignite Community Center
- $10,000 to Sentinel Butte Fire Department for firefighting turnout gear
- $8,250 to Mercer County Ambulance Service for uniforms
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of local communities impacted by expanded mineral exploration and production in western North Dakota. Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.agcountry.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by April 30, 2024.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit’s cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides funding and financial solutions to those Associations. AgriBank and those Associations comprise the AgriBank District. The District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to Arkansas. For more information, visit www.AgriBank.com.
About AgCountry Farm Credit Services
Headquartered in Fargo, N.D., AgCountry has managed assets in excess of $12 billion and over 700 employees. They are a member-owned, locally governed lending institution that provides credit and financial services to more than 25,000 farmers and ranchers in portions of Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. They also provide agribusiness loans and leases nationwide. AgCountry is a part of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of cooperative financial services institutions that serve rural America. For more information, visit www.agcountry.com.
About Farm Credit Services of Mandan
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax, recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson, Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.